Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:13:28 +0200 (MET)
From:      Martin Kraft <kraft@hpcs14.dv.fal.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk, runge@rostock.zgdv.de
Subject:   Re: Cannot record from SB PCI128

Thanks to Thomas Runge and Roger Hardiman
for answering my question concerning problems recording via a SB PCI128
with ES1371 chip.

Roger Hardiman wrote:

> Thomas Runge wrote:
> >
> > Martin Kraft wrote:
> >
> > >    Recording source:
> > >
> > > and mixer =rec line yields:
> > >
> > >    mixer: SOUND_MIXER_WRITE_RECSRC: Invalid argument
[..]
> > Just look for send-pr i386/9283
>
> actually, I did not get a chance to commit the patch last weekend.
> I'll be doing it this weekend. :-)

I already applied this patch previously. It is needed to start DAP.

But it doesn't overcome the mentioned error message, nor does it
awake any recording channel from the PCI 128.

In the meantime I recognized, that the es1371 driver, supplied
by Russel Cattelan and Guy Helmer, was released as an intermediate
product only, and does not yet support recording. (ref. posting of
Russel in this mailing list at 1999/03/01).

Martin Kraft