Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 17:21:57 -0800
From:      "Jordan Krushen" <jkrushen@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Tape backup questions

I've just added a Seagate TapeStor 4/8Gb SCSI drive to my 2.2.7 system, and
I'm having a hard time figuring out how to have multiple sessions added to
the tape.  When using tar with /dev/nrst0 for two consecutive files, only
the first file written to the tape remains.

Could someone point me in the right direction to a good tutorial on backing
up / restoring to tape?  The handbook mentions the various software
available, but I'm looking for some more in-depth info.

TIA,

J.