Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:43:23 -0800
From:      chris <chris@printerworks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing on a new machine

I have a new machine.  It has no IDE drives and has a blank
(unformatted) SCSI hard drive (ID5).

>From an SCO UNIX machine, I downloaded the FreeBSD bin files and put
them all on floppies (using tar) and created the boot.flp floppy (using
"dd" per the readme).

When I try to boot from the floppy, it goes through the initial stuff,
gets the boot: prompt, then automatically starts booting from the
floppy.  It goes through a couple of lines like "text=0x000120 blocks=04
23 ff 37 ..." (this is not the actual wording, it just *looks* like
this).  Then the system reboots and starts the whole process over.  It
keeps going through the same series of steps (boot, restart, boot,
restart, ...) until I turn the machine off.

Where am I going wrong?  What can I do?

Thanks,
Chris Monser