Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 02:04:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Status of quotas in recent SNAP releases

I'm curious about the status of filesystem quotas in recent SNAP
releases - specifically in the March snapshot.

I did have quotas working well with a previous SNAP (sorry, don't know
which) - but now, they don't seem to work.  One of the glaring symptoms
is that edquota doesn't work properly.  Editing user quotas has
unpredictible results - one thing that is constant is that I cannot seem
to set a soft quota.  Hard quotas can be set intermittantly.

It's entirely possible that I've screwed something up - but I can't
think of what.   I set up quotas back in January (I think), and forgot
about them.  I noticed  they weren't working after I did the upgrade to
the March snapshot.

Any suggestions?  Or is the quota system not really functioning
correctly?