Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2008 04:05:38 +1030
From:      "nepbabu" <nepbabucxspamfree@yahoo.ca>
To:        Vinny <mark-fbsd-quest-10@giovannetti.ca>
Subject:   Re: python and Guile-gtk...  [a bit OT]

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

Thus spoke Vinny on Thursday, 28 February 2008 at 22:08:06 -0500:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> 	I'd like help getting python to read from a file and display a 	steram =
of=20
>> text on a textcanvas. I'll fiure out the buttons later.  	I'd appreciate=
=20
>> any insights about regular gtk and guile-gtk.  Or 	whichever GUI librari=
es=20
>> have the best python interface.
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> I'm a big fan of wxPython, i.e. wxWidgets for python.  Way
> cool and works on Windows as well (very cross-platform).

It works on a whole hosts of other platforms as well and not only Windows a=
nd freebsd. From it's wxwidgets website [1] -
=20
 "wxWidgets lets developers create applications for Win32, Mac OS X,
  GTK+, X11, Motif, WinCE, and more  using one codebase. It can be used
  from languages such as C++, Python, Perl, and C#/.NET. Unlike other
  cross-platform toolkits, wxWidgets applications look and feel native.
  This is because wxWidgets uses the platform's own native controls rather
  than emulating them. It's also extensive, free, open-source, and
  mature."

And from wxpython website[2] -

 "wxPython is a cross-platform toolkit. This means that the same program
  will run on multiple platforms without modification. Currently supported
  platforms are 32-bit Microsoft Windows, most Unix or unix-like systems,
  and Macintosh OS X."

[1] http://www.wxwidgets.org
[2] http://www.wxpython.org/what.php
--=20
Cheers,
Bikal KC (Please use: nepbababucxspamfree_at_yahoo DOT ca)
Journal: http://nepbabu.livejournal.com || pubkey: see header
"Rule 6: There is no Rule 6." - Rob Pike
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities=
=2E" - Fran=C3=A7ois-Marie Arouet

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn

--bp/iNruPH9dso1Pn--