Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:19:46 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tk 8.2.3 still broken

Just got through a fresh make world, so I'm now up to 4.3-STABLE.  I should
also note that I'm using XFree86 4.0.2.  I'm still not able to compile tk
8.2.3.  There's a number of ports now that I'd like to install that require
this toolkit.  This bugger has a bunch of ports inop due to dependancies.  It
gets a good way through, then dies here...

ld -shared -x -soname libtk82.so.1 -o libtk82.so.1 tk3d.o tkArgv.o tkAtom.o
tkBind.o tkBitmap.o tkClipboard.o tkCmds.o  tkColor.o tkConfig.o tkConsole.o
tkCursor.o tkError.o tkEvent.o  tkFocus.o tkFont.o tkGet.o tkGC.o
tkGeometry.o tkGrab.o tkGrid.o  tkMain.o tkObj.o tkOldConfig.o tkOption.o
tkPack.o tkPlace.o  tkSelect.o tkUtil.o tkVisual.o
tkWindow.o   tkUnix.o tkUnix3d.o tkUnixButton.o tkUnixColor.o tkUnixConfig.o
tkUnixCursor.o tkUnixDraw.o tkUnixEmbed.o tkUnixEvent.o  tkUnixFocus.o
tkUnixFont.o tkUnixInit.o tkUnixKey.o tkUnixMenu.o  tkUnixMenubu.o
tkUnixScale.o tkUnixScrlbr.o tkUnixSelect.o  tkUnixSend.o tkUnixWm.o
tkUnixXId.o tkStubInit.o tkStubLib.o tkButton.o tkEntry.o tkFrame.o
tkListbox.o  tkMenu.o tkMenubutton.o tkMenuDraw.o tkMessage.o tkScale.o
tkScrollbar.o tkCanvas.o tkCanvArc.o tkCanvBmap.o tkCanvImg.o  tkCanvLine.o
tkCanvPoly.o tkCanvPs.o tkCanvText.o  tkCanvUtil.o tkCanvWind.o tkRectOval.o
tkTrig.o tkImage.o tkImgBmap.o tkImgGIF.o tkImgPPM.o tkImgPhoto.o tkText.o
tkTextBTree.o tkTextDisp.o tkTextImage.o tkTextIndex.o  tkTextMark.o
tkTextTag.o tkTextWind.o  -L/usr/local/lib/tcl8.2
-Wl,-export-dynamic -L/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -lgcc -lstdc++ -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lX11   -lc
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: unrecognized option `-Wl,-export-dynamic'
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: use the --help option for usage information
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tk82/work/tk8.2.3/unix.
*** Error code 1

Later on,
--
Maintain thine air speed, lest the ground come up and smite thee.