Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 11:07:14 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Andrew Gordon <root@arg1.demon.co.uk>, Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
Subject:   Re: teles 16.3 Plug and Play

On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 03:20:16PM +0100, Andrew Gordon wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Wolfgang Helbig wrote:
> > On port 0x580 I got a correct versionstring for HSCX0 (0x85) but
> > 0xff for HSCX1.
> > On ports 0x600 and 0x680 both versionstrings were 0xff.
> > So I assume the ISAC-BASE and/or the HSCX-BASE addresses are configured
> > wrong by the ISIC driver.
>
> I haven't looked at this lately, but AIUI the ISIC driver (FreeBSD
> version) doesn't even try to configure the base addresses - it just relies
> on the BIOS to do it for you, and guesses at the result.  It really needs
> someone to add the hooks for PnP support to the driver so that it can be
> configured explicitly  [I believe the NetBSD version already does this].

I have diffs for bisdn to do this; I haven't gotten around to
forward-porting them to i4b.  Wolfgang, if you want the diffs as an
example (there was some trickiness to how PnP interacted with the
Tele.S 16.3 PnP, IIRC), you can have 'em - I don't think I'll have
time to look at this for at least a few days.

Eivind.