Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:16:42 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is sshd from ssh2 compatible with ssh1 clients?

Arcady Genkin wrote:

> $(SUBJ)?

	For future reference, this growing trend of referring to the subject
line in the body of th email just plain sucks. If you don't care enough
to write out a coherent question in the email body why should I care
enough to answer?

> I'm asking because I know that ssh2 clients cannot connect to a ssh1
> daemon.

	This is covered in the ssh documentation, and at great length in the
mail archives. The short answer is, you should be able to use an ssh1
client with an ssh2 server, but many people have reported
incompatibilities.

Good luck,

Doug
--