Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:44:04 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to install 3.0-RELEASE with an AHA1542 !

In message <199810221141.NAA01966@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de> Holm Tiffe writes:
: In my case (the first mail came from me) this is an 1542B with the
: newer 64 Head BIOS. The Settings are 0x330,0xcc00,irq11,drq5, floppy disabled.
: After some manual fiddeling the the port,irq and drq in the kernels config
: (in cli mode) the card is working. The autodetect is failing badly.

What, exactly, did you change in the kernel config stuff?

Also, and I know this is asking a lot, can you tell me what jumpers
you have enabled/disabled on your card?  I'm starting to think that
these failures may be related to some of the more obscure jumpers on
the board being set differently than the card that I have here for
testing.

I'm curious, what devices do you have on the scsi bus and how well are
they working?

Warner