Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2002 15:48:33 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0-RC2 now available

All,

FreeBSD 5.0-RC2 has been uploaded to ftp-master and is showing up on
most of the primary mirrors.  ia32, ia64, pc98, and alpha images are
available now; sparc64 will be pushed out once it becomes available.
I'd like to thank Marcel Moolenaar for providing the ia64 bits and
Takahashi Yoshihiro for proving the pc98 bits.

The plan going forward is to cut an RC3 in early January, followed by
5.0-RELEASE a week later.  This will hopefully allow enough time to
finish all of the outstanding TODO items and test the new dual UFS1/UFS2
bootblocks before release.  The TODO list is at
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/todo.html and has been updated with
several new items.  We are coming down to the wire for 5.0 and any help
with the remaining items would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped with RC2, and I encourage
everyone to download and test it.

The Release Engineering Team