Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:37:20 +0200
From:      thrawn@linux.nu (Mattias Björk)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   qmail + fetchmail + Maildir problem

Hi,

I have a problem getting my mail in ~/Maildir directory.

I run qmail with mutt as my MTU.In ~/.qmail I have ./Maildir/. And my qmail startup script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

# Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
# Using qmail-local to deliver messages to Maildir format by default

case "$1" in
start)
        exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
        qmail-start '|preline procmail' splogger qmail ./Maildir/ &

# smtp daemon

        /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -u 82 -g 81 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &

# pop3 daemon

        /usr/local/bin/tcpserver 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup thrawn.birch.se /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

        exit 0
        ;;
stop)
        exec killall -9 qmail-send tcpserver
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
        exit 64
        ;;
esac

I have also procmail installed and fetchmail, I use fetchmail to get my mail from my ISP's email via pop3. I can see that it fetches the mail when I run fetchmail but it does not end up in ~/Maildir/{new,cur,tmp} so where does this go then? to /dev/null? because when i check in /var/mail there is nothing there either. And I don't get any error message when i fetch down the mail with fetchmail.

How ever It might be a fetchmail problem only because when I mail from thrawn.birch.se to dasboot.birch.se it works perfect and also the other way around. My birch.se domain is only internal so it does not work on the outside.

And Im using qmail as my MTA if you haven't understand that yet. :)

I have also tryed this on servel machines using the same setup but its the same problem.

I will check the fetchmail man page too see if I should do something special but I have used fetchmail before and it have worked without a hitch.

Mvh Mattias Björk