Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:35:02 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@informatik.uni-halle.de>
To:        "Matt M." <matt@boda.virtualave.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet into root

Hi!

"Matt M." schrieb:

> Just wondering how I can enable the option to telnet into root. And, I
> forgot to add myself into the wheel group, and I need to access my box from
> work and do some root stuff. Is there any other way to access the root
> account?

If you can login 'bout the system console, you can do some ways, f.e.:

  + you can edit /etc/group and add to the wheel group your user
    (use man group for format details)
  + you can install ssh (or OpenSSH) and connect via ssh to your
    computer (would my preferred way), ssh clients for windows
    and os/2 are available, too.

--
Jens Rehsack --- <rehsack@informatik.uni-halle.de>
                 http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~rehsack/