Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:40:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Dinesh Vimalanathan <dinesh@websurfer.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Version ??

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Dinesh Vimalanathan wrote:
>    Could you please tell me, what version of sendmail come with freebsd v 2.2.7.

Current release is 2.2.6, sendmail is 8.8.x.  Licensing issues have
been worked out with the sendmail folks and 8.9 will be on the next
release whenever that may be.  In the meantime 8.9.0 builds out of
the box.

> we are planning to buy the cd-rom from Walnunt Creek. Is is version 2.7.7.
> stable.

It will probably be incredibly stable when it is released 5 years
from now :)

Yes, FreeBSD-x.x.x-RELEASE is always stable.  It doesn't get RELEASE
tacked on until it is.

> we are small isp planning to move from NT to FreeBSD.

You should be very happy with the increased performance and stability.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                1 949 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com