Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:21:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
Cc:        "Micro.Softs &" <root@elcat2.bishkek.su>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi good cracker

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Nicholas Charles Brawn wrote:

> Is it my imagination or are people mixing up the "hackers" mailing list
> as one which deals with nefarious malicious "hax0r"-like behaviour?
					       ^^^^^
CRACKER...  I say "cracker"-like behavior.  Not even a word worthy of
containing an 'h'.  ;)

My guess is these guys were hanging out in some 31337 IRC channel
bugging people there and some linux user said, 'Hey, you can get
answers for all your questions in freebsd-*'.  Then again, I've always
been paranoid...  ;)

> "When in doubt, ask someone wiser than yourself..." -unknown

Exactly what our cracker friend did, right?  ;)

Later,

	-mike

"When in doubt, ask someone wiser than yourself...  uh...  so long as
you have a question worth answering and you ask it in the proper
place." -Mike ;)