Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        eculp@encontacto.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HEADSUP: burncd/cdcontrol need to be rebuilt (CDRIO*SPEED changes)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 eculp@encontacto.net wrote:
> With current from yesterday, I get the following error when trying to
> burn a cd.  I haven't burned one for probably a month or maybe more.
> If I remove the -s, the results are the same.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion, fix or work around?
>
>  # burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 1 data cd0.raw20021022 fixate
> burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCWRITESPEED): Input/output error
>
> Thanks,
>
> ed

I've changed the subject since I guess a HEADSUP may be necessary.

Try rebuilding burncd.  The CDRIOC*SPEED api was changed to allow the user
application to send raw KB/s values whereas before the ioctl took in
speeds in multiples of a 1X CDROM (1 = 177KB/s, 2 = 354KB/s, ...)  This
was necessary to allow the user app to specify a speed of CDR_MAX_SPEED,
which means the drive should choose its highest speed.

The new versions of cdcontrol and burncd do the translation the kernel
used to do so you can still specify flags the same as you always have
(i.e. -s 1 like you are doing).

-Nate