Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:03:06 -0300
From:      "Donald Teed" <donald.teed@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get networker backup software

As far as I know, the security issues are moot.  The note
I remember seeing said that the default configuration
was problematic.  If our backup server is behind a firewall,
and we always config things after installing, I can't
see how the security issue is relevant enough to rip
it out of ports.  It is far better to have a security issue
awaiting resolution than to have zero backup capability.

The ports skeleton we have is on one machine and
shared by NFS to the rest. It is updated nightly so
the old one is gone.  We do have the tarball
in distfiles, but I don't see a Makefile, etc.

How do I find it from CVS source?  Is there a pointer on
where to find that?

--Donald