Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:14:07 +0700
From:      pirat sriyotha <pirat@access.inet.co.th>
To:        "Norman C. Rice" <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No buffer space available

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2000 at 01:25:35PM +0700, pirat sriyotha wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > occationally, my small network does not work.  i have to 'shutdown -r now' to
> > bring it back to work.
>
> FreeBSD != Windoze

yes you are quite right and that's why i turn away from 'doz.

> > the only clue is a message from ping which is
> >
> > ping: sendto: No buffer space available
> >
> > is there anyway to solve this kind of problem instead of shutdown ?
>
> ifconfig de0 down up

now, jan 21 2000 11:18 thailand mean time,  it happends again  and ifconfig down
and up does not work.  anyway, i can connect to the Internet via ppp
connecttion to my isp.

> Regards,
> Norman C. Rice, Jr.

many thanks indeed for your hints and help

Regards,
pirat sriyotha