Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 2004 00:32:08 -0600
From:      "Micheal Patterson" <micheal@tsgincorporated.com>
To:        "Jonathan T. Sage" <sagejona@theatre.msu.edu>, <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Email account utilization warning. <- yes, it's garbage.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan T. Sage" <sagejona@theatre.msu.edu>
To: <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 9:07 PM

Heh.  are you goofy?  :)  j/k.

Note that the original sender address on these was spoofed (see also: faked)

In actuallity, it is Netsky-D (probably, I'm not opening it).

Courtesy of Yahoo! :

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&e=3&u=/nm/20040301/tc_nm/tech_worm_dc

So, newbies out there still checking mail on MS systems, don't open
.PIF's from this list or anywhere else, they are bad.

~j
-----------------

It's being tagged as Worm.Bagle.J by clamscan.. Just as bad in my opinion.
There's nothing wrong with reading list mail from windows, as long as you
know how to protect yourself from the bad guys.  Besides, all of the lists
that I subscribe to, go to my work account where all the bad extensions are
filtered with procmail and clamscan / vscan and amavis :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not stupid. I may look the part but
that don't mean I is. :)

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration