Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:39:21 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        Aaron Hill <hillaa@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD/Daemon Posters?

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 10:07:40PM +0000, Aaron Hill wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I couple of Win2000 posters have started appearing on the walls around work.
> I can't let that go unchallenged.
>
> Can anybody suggest some FreeBSD/BSD/Daemon artwork worth downloading and
> hanging up?

Oliver Fromme did some cool posters, a picture of the daemon made up of the
names of all the (then) 3600 or so ports. The URL mentioned below is
offline at the moment (it says it should be back up around the beginning of
November - hmmm, but which November?). Anyway, if you are interested I have
copies of the files so can e-mail them to you.

You can find the original thread in the -advocacy archives. Look for
"FreeBSD poster idea" around 20/7/00

HTH

------- begin included message ------------

OK, now there are three versions:

http://www.fromme.com/ports.ps.gz           (35 Kbyte)
http://www.fromme.com/portscolor.ps.gz      (230 Kbyte)
http://www.fromme.com/portscolorbox.ps.gz   (450 Kbyte)

The first one is the black&white version that you already
know.  The second one is the same, but the characters are
colored.  Finally, in the third one I've used colored
boxes and overlaid them with white characters.
Yeah, you can do funny things in TeX.  :)

By the way, when using gv to preview the colored versions,
you have to TURN OFF gv's antialiasing!  Otherwise it will
display garbage.

Regards
   Oliver
------ end included message --------