Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:49:28 +0600
From:      "New Star Service Company" <nestar@globalctg.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   newbie question from "Complete FreeBSD book"

I install FreeBSD with windows 95. I have 6.4GB Harddrive.
Win 95 use -- 3400GB and others for FBSD.
I create only two partition one for / and other swap.
I have 128MB RAM so I create 256MB for swap.
Swap takes much MB.
Do I create 128MB for swap ? Do it create any problem or make slow my
X-windows ?

Till one month I read so many message from FBSD mailing list and also
FreeBSD book,
I have few questions but now I ask only one :-
In Chapter 5 , Where to put /var and /tmp section:-
"  If we don't specify anything else, /var & /tmp will end up on the /root
file system,which
isn't enormous. If we leave things like that,there's a very good chance that
the root file
system will fillup"   WHY ?
Do it good to create separate partition for /var & /tmp like / & swap ?