Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 22:32:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@shell.futuresouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP log file

> > Make sure you use tabs between the *.* and the file name - if you use
> > spaces, syslogd ignores the line.  I've added an appropriate comment
> > to the man page.
> >
> Doesn't ppp automatically log to /var/log/ppp.tun0.log?  Does on my
> 2.2-STABLE system.

I dont know...I'm using v.2.1.7 with an Aug.20 release of PPP compiled
and used here. Man pages say to use syslog to log to any ppp.log file I
want. So now I log to /var/log/ppp.log

Not a big concern but somting I wanted to get working properly. I
understand how to use syslog better now!

kwoody@citytel.net