Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:56:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rwhoisd and siginfo_t

The latest version of rwhoisd (1.5.2) doesn't seem to want to compile on
-stable.  It drops dead looking for siginfo_t, which I cannot find
anywhere in /usr/include...  Does anyone know what that does?

Looking at a diff from the rwhois daemon, here's what changed between
1.5.1a and 1.5.2:

81,82d80
<   logpid();
<
100c98,99
<   int   status;
---
>   int       status;
>   siginfo_t info;
102,103c101,110
<   wait(&status);
<   num_children--;
---
>   /* use waitid instead of wait to avoid blocking forever (however
>      that happens...) */
>   status = waitid(P_ALL, 0, &info, WNOHANG | WEXITED | WTRAPPED);
>
>   /* do not record a child as quitting unless there is evidence that
>      it has */
>   if (status == 0 && info.si_pid != 0)
>   {
>     num_children--;