Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:33:22 -0500
From:      "Steven Ames" <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
To:        "Igor Roshchin" <str@giganda.komkon.org>, <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc inetd.conf

> I am not completely sure if this is a good idea or not, but I'd through it
in.
> How about having two menu options here, after offering to edit inetd.conf:
> for `experts' (manual editing) and for `beginners' (menu-driven
> configuration).

'sysinstall' already has a 'Security' menu under post configuration.
Couldn't
we just install from a fixed set of 2-3 different inetd.conf files?

i.e. if the user selects 'moderate [default]' install
src/etc/inetd.conf.moderate
into /etc. If they select 'extreme' install the inetd.conf that has
everything
turned off.

This is a short-term hackish solution but I believe it would suffice until
we
get a GUI up where we can select 'yes'/'no' for every line in the inetd.conf
and have the ability to add in new lines. Good project for someone... the
'inetd editor'.

-Steve