Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:37:35 +0100
From:      "Andy" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
To:        "FBSD-Q" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp.conf question

Hi All

Quick question regarding userland ppp. The
access server I am dialing into does the
auth on cli so no "login" or "passwd" is
required. When I do the following manually
it works fine:-

$ ppp
ppp ON x> set device /dev/cuaa0
ppp ON x> set speed 115200
ppp ON x> term
deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa0
Type '~?' for help
AT
OK
ATDTnumber
<at this point I hear the modem bumps and clicks>
CONNECT 45333/ARQ
ppp ON x>

At this point, it's connected fine. No problems
here. However, what I want to do is :-

$ ppp -dedicated

so it stays up. I've tried playing with the
ppp.conf file but the error "Chat script failed"
keeps coming up. Seems that no matter what I
put in the conf file it is still trying to
"login" where it should should go straight
into the ppp session. I've tried "set openmode active"
but still doesn't cut it.

Anyone any ideas on what the conf should be for this?

regards
Andy