Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:50:27 -0400
From:      "RD" <unixnoob@charter.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Samba + shlight (help plz :) )

Wuzzup - me again :)

I've started up samba from inetd, a startup script in rc.d dir,  and now
loaded it in rc.local to try and get it online fast...

Ok  I have 5 pc's on my local area network 100 base tx...

When FreeBSD boots and gets to login prompt, it still takes maybe 30
seconds to 1 minute before I can access my samba shares from my xp box.
For some reason samba takes an extra minute to get online I guess.  Now
I'm almost positive this is the reason my shlight isn't mounting my xp
share on boot.

Shlight will mount my winxp shares just fine from command line after
samba is fully online...

I need a way to make shlight sleep 1 minute or set to run the command 1
minute after boot time...

Can someone plz help me accomplish this?
I'm in no way a c coder...  I can do basic perl and I'm pretty good in
php but I've always just did scripting in http to interact with mysql
etc...    I've never really interacted with the os...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Tx, RD