Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:40:00 +0200
From:      "Brandon Johnstone" <bjohnstone@skynet.be>
To:        <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   General Wireless Questions

I recently purchased ADSL wireless.  Modem/router is the Siemens Santis =
ADSL 50 with a Santis WLAN PC card (802.11b).  My service provider is =
Skynet via Belgacom in Belgium.  What I would like to know if I =
purchased a router and PC card that supports 802.11a or g, will the =
skynet network support this?  The reason I ask is because the signal =
strength when moving around drops to an unacceptable level. Does the =
difference in 802.11 standards effect the signal strength?

Thanks
Brandon