Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:20:53 -0000
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multiple IP's, DHCP and one NIC

Hey all,

I've just been through pages of the archives, and man ifconfig, etc, but
can't
seem to find what I need to know.  Is it possible to run multiple virtual
interfaces on one physical NIC, and configure them all with DHCP?  If so,
what do I need in rc.conf to make it work each time?

I have tried adding fxp0_alias0 to the list of interfaces, and an entry
corresponding, like ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="DHCP".  Reboot doesn't to the
desired, though.

What changes to dhclient.conf are needed (I have the bare default one)?

Any thoughts on this most gratefully received.

Dan Bye