Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:23:08 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sys/mutex.h sys/lock.h (and other) cleanups. Commit Candidate #2

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Mark Murray wrote:

> Please review
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~markm/patches/sys.SYS_MUTEX.diff.3
>
> Nothing has changed much since the last Commit Candidate; I have
> just merged in some big commits.
>
> Reminder - the primary purpose of these is to untangle the requirement
> that "major" system includes (<sys/*.h> files) have on sys/lock.h
> and sys/mutex.h. Also included is a further deprecation of
> sys/lockmgr.h (by including it in sys/lock.h). Lesser purposes of

Actually, the deprecation consists of including <sys/lockmgr.h> instead
of <sys/lock.h> in some headers that only need the former.  <sys/lock.h>
is not such a header, but it still includes <sys/lockmgr.h> although this
is more bogus than before.  The verbose comment before this include has
been copied to to many places (more than 0).

> this include sorting of the sys/*.h includes in affected files,
> and fixing of the problems that these sorts (may) create.

Please use separate commit(s) to sort the files.  Committing these first
is best I guess.

The differences between SYS_MUTEX.diff.2 and SYS_MUTEX.diff.3 are
about half for moving around bogus includes of <net/radix.h> and
<sys/socket.h>.  They were included recently to work around breakage
of <sys/mount.h> and only about 90% of them have been backed out so
far.  At the time they were included, they had to be included before
<sys/mount.h> and sorting them would been wrong.  Now sorting them
has no effect (except to clean things up) because including them has
no effect (except to trigger bogometers).

Have you tested this for alphas?

Committing this is taking too long.  At least we avoided <net/radix.h>-
like spam (I hope).

Bruce