Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:47:31 +0100
From:      Matthias Meyser <meyser@xenet.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: How to pass option poudriere

Am 25.02.2014 17:39, schrieb Christopher J. Ruwe:
> Because poudriere is designed to build ports in several
> configurations, there is not one ports options DB (/var/db/ports), but
> several per jail, per port and per set
>
> So, you can reuse your existing options by copying the tree over. See
> also the relevant section in the handbook
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-poudriere.html).

That reminds me:

Why takes a stored config (/var/db/ports/) precedence over options specified
on the command line when building Ports?

e.g.

cd /usr/ports/whereever/whatever;
make package SET_OPTIONS="anything" UNSET_OPTIONS="anything"

does build the port with options form stored config if present.

To get the port build you have to "make rmconfig" first every time.

I would give commandline precedence over config.

Matthias

--
Matthias Meyser            | XeNET GmbH
Tel.:  +49-5323-9489050    | 38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Marktstrasse 40