Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 15:06:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Wern <bwern@southeast.net>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP Install from MS NT?

Has anyone here ever had any trouble installing via FTP from a Microsoft NT
server using the CD (2.1)? During installation, it seems to grab the root
image, but doesn't figure out how to get to the bin/ stuff. I attempted to
cludge this by setting the starting point of ftp logins to the DIST
directory - this caused it to install bin/ just fine, but failed miserably
when it tried to move on. I'm assuming this is becuase of a naming or
command structure that MS uses that is non-standard, but I haven't been able
to identify it yet. Any thoughts?

Ben Wern
 bwern@jaxnet.com or bwern@unf.edu
PGP Key Available On Request
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think
   I have ended up where I intended to be."