Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 01:25:24 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Can't cvsup

Please take a look at the following:

root@whizkidtech.net > cvsup ports-supfile -h cvsup5.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup5.FreeBSD.org
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-aa
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/patch-ab
 Checkout ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files/tomcat.sh
 Delete ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files
Updater failed: Cannot delete "/usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat/files": Directory not empty
root@whizkidtech.net >

This does not make any sense: First it places three files into a directory,
then it aborts because the directory is not empty.

I tried this three times with several cvsup servers. I even removed the
directory before starting cvsup, but received the same error every single
time.

I did this after upgrading my FreeBSD from 3.1-RELEASE to 4.3-20010525-STABLE.

How do I update my ports collection?

Adam
--
Perfection is for neurotics