Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:51:57 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNATS problems/questions

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Steve Price wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Jim Mock wrote:
>
> Try the patch that I've attached to this message.  This is
> will update the gnats port and allow you to use the patches
> it has to fix this and one other problem.

I couldn't get the patch to work correctly, so I updated the Makefile
manually with the changes, and it worked.  It's installed and working
fine now.. thanks :-)

> # I could always set it up on another box so it doesn't interfere
> # with the FreeBSD mirror.  I'm more worried about getting it
> # working properly than worrying about getting it working on a
> # specific box.
>
> This would probably be easiest.  First get them to work
> separately and then stick them back together if you must.

I think this might be what I end up doing, now that I've kind of got a
clue what I'm doing :-)  I installed 3.107 on the same box as the
FreeBSD mirror again to start with and the results with the search
form are the same.  Although, it really shouldn't be much of a problem
since the actual links point to http://www.freebsd.org instead of the
local mirror.

> This is still hard-coded in edit-pr.  grep(1) around for CLASS_C.
> You'll have to hand-edit it to make it work right.

Ah, bingo.  It was actually in send-pr, but I found it.  Thanks for
the pointer.

> wwwgnats is a part of the gnats ports - in gnats/contrib somewhere
> I think.  You might also want to look at the code we use for
> FreeBSD's webpages which is in the CVS tree, www/en/cgi.

That'll be my next adventure :-)  I've got everything set up and
working from the command line the way I want it, so I'll attempt to
tackle wwwgnats next.

Thanks,

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| web: http://www.triax.com/	:
: Triax Internet Services	| ----------------------------- :
: Portland, OR USA		| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: