Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:00:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [description?] cardbus vs non-cardbus

umm....

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

> Hello Family,
>
> In watching this post I was trying to find (online)the definition of
> the difference between cardbus & non-cardbus.
>
> We were summarizing maybe the difference between pci and isa only in
> a pcmcia sense(?)

the relationship between cardbus and pccard/pcmcia is that cardbus is pci
based and pcmcia is isa based. thus, cardbus has all the cool stuff that
pci does that isa doesnt....32bit datapath, faster xfer speed, more
configuration info,lower voltage...pretty gold bits on the card...(ok, i
am reaching there :-) )

does this help? CardBus is a GoodThing(tm).
> TIA

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life