Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:34:19 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        "Kruppa, Peter Ulrich" <root@pukruppa.de>, "Bill Schoolcraft" <bill@wiliweld.com>, "Eric Colburn" <ecolburn@seeitfirst.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 4.3 FreeBSD

Hey, that is BS.  There's ways to get promo copies of books,
and I was just down at Fry's the other day and I saw a whole stack of
O'Reilly books of various titles (Firewalling was one) in the clearance
rack for $14.95 per book.  Besides that, don't you have a library?
Checking the local county library here I see they have 1 copy of "FreeBSD
for dummies" and many of the O'Reilly titles.  You can suggest that your
local library purchase some titles and it sure wouldn't hurt to help them
out by volunteering some time.