Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 21:21:33 +0200
From:      Cynic <cynic@mail.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mouse problem

Hi there,

I have the following problem with my mouse:

I have installed and configured my 4.3-RELEASE box at home,
where I have a 3-button Genius serial mouse. I had the cursor,
and copy&paste functionality working fine.

I then brought this box to my office, and plugged in an
"AROWANA Jerry Mouse Serial" (3 buttons). The cursor was
there, without any change to the config. Ten minutes ago I
realized I had the cursor, but could not copy&paste anything.

I ran /stand/sysinstall, Configure -> Mouse, Type -> Auto,
Port -> COM1, Enable. I have the cursor moving at the
confirmation dialog, however, it disappears as soon as I
answer "yes". Now I don't have the cursor in any of the ttys
either.

The same happens with A4Tech OK-520 (serial, 2 buttons).

Any ideas?

cynic@mail.cz