Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:55:46 +0100
From:      Keith Jones <keith@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        Alex Heiphetz <heiphetz@cvzoom.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ncr0:6:0:Command failed

Last time I saw errors like this on my NCR adapter it was because I'd
failed to terminate the SCSI bus. It might be worth checking your termination.

If that doesn't work, then I'd guess it's a hardware problem - start
pulling devices off the bus, try another adapter, until it works :)

Keith

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 12:52:35PM -0400, Alex Heiphetz wrote:
> I have my client's server at ISP (who are mostly NT shop :-) - my
> client's solution, not my. Anyway, they had to change the bridge.
> After this, system can't reboot. The message is:
>
> ncr0:6:0:Command failed
>
> ncr0 is NCR SCSI host adapter as I understand.
> On what command exactly does it hang? Does it mean that
> adapter itself got fryed or something happened to the file system?
> Is it possible to fix it without re-installing everything?
> Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks much in advance,
> A.Heiphetz

v Keith Jones                 Systems Manager, Blueberry New Media Ltd. v
| Postal Mail: 2/10 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, LONDON, UK. SW10 0XD |
| Telephone: +44 (0)171 351 3313               Fax: +44 (0)171 351 2476 |
^ Email: Keith.Jones@blueberry.co.uk   WWW: http://www.blueberry.co.uk/ ^