Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2006 19:50:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gerard E. Seibert" <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sound Problem in KDE

Upon completion of a fresh installation of KDE on FreeBSD 6.1, I have been
unable to get the sound to work correctly in KDE. Upon starting up of KDE,
this error message is displayed:

Sound server informational message:
Error while initializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Device busy)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

I have tried rebooting the system, but the problem remains. since KDE did
work with FSBD 5.4 on this PC, I am not sure what the problem might me.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net