Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 1996 18:38:02 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        blizzard@canoe.ca, questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        blizzard@canoe.ca
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD.NOT

At 10:43 AM -0500 6/3/96, Dave Blizzard wrote:
>Ok I have to admit defeat.
> For three weeks I have tried every permutation of installing Free BSD
>on a 386 and 486 pc so that it installs on a SCSI drive purchased
>especially for the install.
[snip]

I've done all the things Dave has had trouble with, and not had anything
near the troubles he reports. When I put FreeBSD on a SCSI disk with an IDE
already in the system the only thing that bugged me is that I never
overcame the need to type "sd(1,a)/kernel" or whatever to get to FreeBSD.

Actually I solved that problem by pulling the 800M IDE drive and adding a
2G SCSI to my 500M SCSI.

While I don't think *I'm* qualified to help Dave, reading his message I had
a lot more questions that should have been answered in his posting if he
expects help. Particulars such as "Which FreeBSD release?", "What
make/models MB, BIOS, DOS, Windows, IDE HD, SCSI card, SCSI drive, CDROM?"
"What drivers are used in DOS/Windows to access your drives?" "How much
memory do you have?"

--
David Kelly N4HHE,   n4hhe@amsat.org,    dkelly@hiwaay.net
                - Thomas Edison