Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:58:31 -0600
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

On Friday, 10 December 1999 at 19:19:43 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>>> Then don't run -current.
>>
>> I don't, but I will be running 4.0, which won't have a WD driver.
>
> <NOTE TO="SELF">
> Maybe we should put a special marker in -currents sendmail and
> reject all email to the current list if they don't originate
> from such a system.
> </NOTE>
>
> So, if you're not running -current, please stop whining on the
> -current list will you ?
>
> 4.0 will have a perfectly good diskdriver, we probably have two
> entire months to find and nail any remaning bugs, so what the
> proton do you think you're acheiving by whining here ?

Two months?  I thought the date was 15 January.

Anyway, it's fairly evident what Nate's "whining" about.  What part of
"FUNCTIONALITY LOSS" don't you understand?

> I'll tell you in case you can't figure out the answer to that rather
> simple question: You're annoying people and wasting developer time.
> That's what.

OK, why don't you save time and leave wd in the tree.  Comment it out
of GENERIC, leave a comment explaining what it's for and that it will
go away as soon as ata has the complete functionality.

Greg