Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 11:10:40 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
Cc:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good deal on hardware

Hi,
> On Sat, 23 May 1998, Peter Dufault wrote:

I forwarded the mail from current to smp as it looked of interest to that
group.  I  have no knowledge of the particular box being discussed, but
the price looked good.

pentium pros are more forgiving as to mixed revs than the pentiums were,
but it can still be a problem with early silicon.  Current pricing at atipa:

        Intel Pentium Pro 200 256K            $425    Heat Sink/Fan    $13
        Intel Pentium Pro 180 256K            $169    Heat Sink/Fan    $13

The price on the 200 seems a bit steep...
I've been  running a pair of 180's @ 200 for over a year now.  One could buy
the
box and a pair of 180's and sell the original to someone else, or possibly
buy a pair of 200's and sell the original to someone else buying the same box.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by