Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2014 15:44:35 -0800
From:      elij <elij.mx@gmail.com>
To:        Zenny <garbytrash@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NanoBSD customizations in FreeBSD 10?

I didn't make any changes to /usr/src/tools/..., so I am not sure if any
patches are currently in order.
The tweaks were localized to the nano script itself. I had to do some
fiddling to get package installation to work with pkgng, and ran into some
weird issues with keys/certs and a private repo.

As far as sharing, sure: http://pastebin.com/c16ensS9
I removed the private repo part from the nano script, but what it did was
to put a custom repo into /etc/pkg/ and remove/cleanup afterwards.

Hope someone finds it useful.

Aside: I have been using UFS label support in my nano config, but I
wondered why gpt labels were not used instead, as gpt labels seem like they
would be easier to use in the /root/update scripts. I have found the ufs
labels to be somewhat awkward, especially when using full disk images
created with NANO_INIT_IMG2=0, as no label is made for the second partition
(it isn't created, just zeroed).