Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:32:17 +0200
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        Matt Proctor <mtp@lyveden.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, matthew.proctor@ssmb.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: bsddip-1.02

As Matt Proctor wrote:

> I downloaded this package yesterday (source code) to compile at home and
> I am running FreeBSD 3.4, which I got on a CD with a book. I have not
> downloaded any patches/upgrades yet (which could be part of the
> problem?)

I think this port is basically `defunct' now.  I should probably
remove it, rather than have it causing confusion for the users.

IMHO the bsddip stuff is obsoleted by the much advanced /usr/sbin/ppp
program now.  For the very very few people who actually wish to run
SLIP these days, well, they'll probably as well be able to do this
using slattach(8) directly.

Unless i hear some serious objections within something like a week,
i'll cvs remove the port.