Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:10:48 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/67970: ports textproc/libxml, textproc/libxslt: bogus dependencies on devel/pkgconfig

V st, 16. 06. 2004 v 14:58, Oliver Eikemeier p=ED=B9e:

> the .pc file in the base and add libdata/pkgconfig to the mtree files,
> especially since there are more ports that have problems with that.

Adding libdata/pkgconfig to mtree sounds like a good idea. Depends how
broad mtree should be, that depends on portmgr's vision.

> OTOH you seem to selectively ignore the other samples given, which does=20
> not
> seem very wise to me either. I can not understand why you have such an
> emotional relation to a plainly wrong dependency.

I talked with you on the subject extensively on IRC yesterday, and
you're firmly rooted in your believes and opinions. No reason to repeat
whole conversation over email again.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Co vime o lasce? Laska je jako hruska. Hruska je sladka a ma urcity
tvar. Zkuste presne definovat tvar hrusky.
  -- Marigold: Pul stoleti poezie