Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2009 04:52:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@yahoo.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: still trying to get tomcat working

Hi Chuck,=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Chuck Robey <chuckr@t=
elenix.org>=0ATo: freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org=0ASent: Thursday, February 5, 20=
09 12:39:08 PM=0ASubject: still trying to get tomcat working=0A=0A-----BEGI=
N PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----=0AHash: SHA1=0A=0AI finally found a writeup on to=
mcat6 configuration which was new enough not to=0Arely on Linux executeable=
s.=A0 Anyhow, early in that writeup, it's talking about=0Ausing the jsvc ja=
va package.=A0 I used a little script I wrote myself some years=0Aago to sc=
an all of the ports plists for any mention of "jsvc".=A0 I found the=0Atarb=
all that's dropped into the tomcat6 bin/ subdir, but not a port to build it=
,=0Adid I miss an important port?=A0 I tried to unpack it and build it, but=
 when the=0Ajsvc's configure script realizes it's in FreeBSD-8.0 (I run cur=
rent), it burped=0Amessily and died, guess it can't handle superior OS qual=
ity.=0A=0AIf anyone has a patch to get jsvc building, or maybe a comment te=
lling me I=0Adon't need it for some reason, I'd appreciate either.=A0 I fou=
nd what's described=0Aas a very vanilla "conf/server.xml" (one of tomcat6's=
 config files) but it seems=0Ato want some minor modifications, and the fie=
lds aren't described, only given on=0Aexample.... damn, I Hate things which=
 only give one example, but no description,=0Aif your setup isn't precisely=
 what the author's is, I can't figure out where to=0Ago with things.=A0 All=
 that instructions I've seen so far, they all fall in that=0Acategory.=0A=
=0AIf anyone happens to have a pet description of server.xml (not an exampl=
e, a=0Adescription of things which need localization) I'd sure appreciate t=
hat.=A0 Java=0Apackage names look so much like machine names, I can't tell =
where I need to=0Alocalize things or not, not without a description of what=