Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:20:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: timing results for gettimeofday() (without any credential fixes)

Julian Elischer writes:
 > Oh Sh*t
 > I just realised that the changes that we made to i386/i386/trap.c
 > need to be duplicated into the other architectures. (DOH!)

OK, I just committed this for alpha.  So now -current on alpha is only
at a little worse than a factor of 2 slowdown from -stable.  That
sucks, but sucks a lot less than a 4x slowdown..

CURRENT 1CPU UP BUILD top-of-tree as of noon EST, no patches, no
WITNESS, INVARIANTS:
        one TG running: 145000/sec

CURRENT 1CPU UP BUILD top-of-tree as of noon EST (+ new alpha/trap.c),
no patches, no WITNESS, no INVARIANTS:
        one TG running: 278000/sec

-STABLE 1CPU UP BUILD, no patches
        one TG running: 625000/sec

I need to get iprobe working on -current.  Sigh.  So little time.

Drew