Date:      27 Feb 2002 01:55:01 -0500
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        stan <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   Re: Galeon port configure error

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 23:46, stan wrote:
> I'm trying to build galeon on a freshly cvsup'd machine, and
> it's failing in the configure phase. Here is what;s happening:

This _does_ work.  I have galeon 1.0.3 installed and running as I type.

[snip]

> PATH: /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

Where do you have Perl installed?  The code for this test checks for a
file named "perl" in each element of the path.  It doesn't do anything
fancier than that to produce the error you're seeing.  Now, once it
finds perl, it does a perl -v | fgrep '5.' to verify it's Perl 5.

perl should be /usr/bin/perl on -stable, and produce:

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd

Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source
kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to
the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home
Page.

When run as perl -v.  Verify this is what you have.

Joe