Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:30:06 +1100
From:      Dima Panov <fluffy@ael.ru>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>, Kevin Downey <redchin@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: libjvm.so not found on amd64 system with freebsd 7

On 8 September 2008, Kevin Downey wrote:
> > [root@dual /usr/ports/math]# ldd
> > /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/libjava.so
> > /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/libjava.so:
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/libjava.so:
> > Unexpected  inconsistency: dependency libjvm.so not found
> > /usr/local/jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/amd64/libjava.so: exit status 1
> I wonder if this is related to the dual core + procfs java issues:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2008-March/007346.html
>
> I forget exactly, but when java sees /proc it tries to use some
> special file /proc/curfile or something like that, which, uh, on dual
> core doesn't work reliably.

Not only dualcore, but if jdk/jre placed on nullfs/unionfs.
Seems to be affected any PSEUDOFS-based filesystems and broken procfs
realization (any binary executed from pseudo-filesystem have broken info in
their details, shows only PID info; cmdline, file symlink, status and other
resources is unavailable).

May  be affected if /usr/local is mount-point to another physical partition.

--
Дмитрий А. Панов

Администратор ЛВС
Государственная Академия Экономики и Права
Хабаровск, Россия