Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:30:37 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        "Michael P. Sale" <mike@merchantsnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies - "Handle me with care?"

At 11:30 AM 6/22/98 -0700, you wrote:

>>I'm open to discussion, and closed to creating opponents.  I don't want a
>>fight with anyone, I want an on-topic discussion on how newbies should
>>approach FreeBSD.
>
>Tim, you seem to thrive on conflict AND opposition.

To a certain extent this is true (and has gotten me in trouble several
times elsewhere - I won't get into the gory details)... however, in this
particular case I didn't intend to have people take sides between myself
and Sue, simply to discuss our seemingly opposite philosophies.  I truly
didn't want to start a fight, just a discussion.  I thrive on discussion of
controversial topics and listening to people's strong opinions on things
MUCH more than I thrive on *personal* conflict.  I don't like fighting with
people... but I love to wrestle with ideas :-)

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.