Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:23:59 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1013782443.a915cc@mired.org>
Cc:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Elegant solution to local kernel modification sought

On 2002-02-10 08:14, Mike Meyer wrote:

> I haven't tried it for FreeBSD, but for other projects using cvs, I
> don't need to keep a local copy of the repository to do this. I just
> point cvs at the remote repository, and then let "cvs update" do it's
> thing. It seems to work fine, updating files that I haven't changed,
> and trying to merge files that have changed in both places.
>
> Does keeping the local repository help in some way?

As far as I'm concerned, it just makes things easier when you want to view
diffs between arbitrary versions of the source code, and the network
connection is not permanent (for instance, a dialup link).

Giorgos Keramidas                           FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}      http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/