Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:47:48 +0000
From:      Graeme Dargie <arab@tangerine-army.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 10 + Samba 3.6 / AD / KRB5

No takers then?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@f=
reebsd.org] On Behalf Of Graeme Dargie
Sent: 08 March 2014 13:25
To: 'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'
Subject: FreeBSD 10 + Samba 3.6 / AD / KRB5

Hi All

I have just done a completely fresh install of 10.0 64bit on a machine that=
 was previously running 9.2. I am however struggling to get this machine ba=
ck on to my AD system here. I have followed various step by step guides, co=
mpared the various config files from another 9.2 system that is working fin=
e and I keep hitting the same problem.

When I do a kinit <username> it works fine and I can see an output from kli=
st for a valid ticket.

When I do a net ads join -U regardless of the username I use I always get t=
he same error.

Failed to join domain: failed to connect to AD: Looping detected inside krb=
5_get _in_tkt

Google has not yielded any solutions other than to confirm others have had =
this problem, anybody out there got any clues?

Domain controller is 2008R2 running in the domain functionality 2008R2 mode=
, I have a FreeBSD 9.2 system connected and running with no issues and a sy=
stem that was upgraded from 9.2 to 10 running ok as well, it just seems to =
be this fresh install that is the issue.

Regards

Graeme